Thank you for taking the time to look at our website, this year the Department of Education has developed new protocols for Enrolling for Prep 2024. Here are some notes to help guide you.
Our school follows the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy for the enrolment, placement, and transfer of students.
Students who live within the school zone are guaranteed a place at our school. To find out whether you live in zone, visit findmyschool.vic.gov.au
All other applications will be considered subject to available space, and prioritised according to:
- students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
- all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
You can apply to schools other than your local school. The school will consider your application in line with the Placement Policy and available space.
You can apply to enrol your child into Foundation for the 2024 school year at any time from Term 2, 2023. While you are asked to submit an enrolment application by Friday 28 July 2023, applications after this date will still be accepted from those families who miss enrolment timelines, move permanent residence or newly arrive to Victoria.
What you need to do:
- Download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers.’
- Use Find my School to locate your designated neighbourhood school (referred to as your local school) and other nearby government schools.
- Contact a government primary school to book a school tour or to learn more about the school and the enrolment application process. The school will provide you with the form to complete.
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
- Start school January 2024
You can download all the relevant forms from our website or contact the office and we get them to you.
All the best
Studying in Victoria
Victorian government schools are a destination of choice for international students. Our schools provide international students with a high-quality education, excellent English language tuition and caring welfare support services. To learn more about studying and living in Victoria as an international student, see: www.study.vic.gov.au
How to apply
Most international students must apply to the Department of Education in order to study in a Victorian government school. To learn about the application types and to apply, see: How to Apply (study.vic.gov.au)
Contact our school
For more information about international students, please contact the below staff member.
- International Student Coordinator (ISC): Silvia Murray
- Phone: 9462 2711
- Email: email@example.com
Kingsbury Primary School is accredited under the Department of Education’s CRICOS registration (CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education, 00861K). For more information, see: www.study.vic.gov.au