Visual Arts and Technology
The Visual Arts and Technology program at Kingsbury Primary School is designed and planned in accordance with the Victorian Curriculum. It focuses on exploring a wide variety of media with the goal of engaging and motivating students.
The Visual Arts and Technology curriculum aims to develop student’s:
- Conceptual and perceptual ideas and expressions through design and inquiry processes.
- Visual arts techniques, materials, processes and technologies
- Respect for and acknowledgement of the diverse roles, innovations, traditions, histories and cultures of artists, craftspeople, designers, curators, critics and commentators
- Respect for visual arts as social and cultural practices, including industry practices
- Confidence, curiosity, imagination and enjoyment and a personal aesthetic through engagement with visual arts making, viewing, discussing, analysing, interpreting and evaluating.
Critical and creative thinking, using visual arts languages, theories and practices to apply aesthetic judgment